Club Lux, June '21

Roterfaden & Rosswag Co—op “Terraces” Red

The uniqueness of this wine is multi-layered, from the producer, to the region, to the wine. Based north of Stuttgart, near the French border in southwestern Germany, the small village of Rosswag tends to work in a co–op style, with ~99% of the grapes grown being made in to simple, village level wines. Producers like Weingut Roterfaden, however, are the other 1%, and work with the village to create organic and biodynamic wines from these ancient terraced vineyards. This blend of Lemberger (Blaufränkisch), Trolliger, Regent, and Schwarzriesling is light, fresh, and layered with hints of spices. Soft cheeses, mushrooms, and light fare are perfect for this one.

Enderle & Moll “Müller”

An estate of just two guys, a couple hectares in Baden, and a tiny winery is producing wine that even Jancis Robinson is assigning “cult” status to. Known for their earthy and complex Pinot Noir, Florian Moll and Sven Enderle also make finessed, racy, and delicious whites from classic German varietals. “Müller” is 100% Müller-Thurgau from both Baden and Mosel, delivering a high-toned, vibrant white with racy acid. Perfect for light fare and a variety of cheeses. Biodynamic.

Les Athletes du Vin Gamay

A bit of a break from the German theme, we wanted to emphasize a variety of lighter, summery wines just in time for the heat, and just couldn’t pass this one by. 100% Gamay from Les Athletes du Vin, a négociant project based on finding high quality and affordable organic and natural wines from the Loire Valley. This Gamay is classic; tart, dark cherries and blackberries, with great acidity making it a perfect porch wine. Definitely chill this one down, and serve with a variety of snacks, lighter foods, or on its own.

Contact

STORE HOURS

M-Sat: 10:30am to at least 9pm or sundown
Sun: 12pm to at least 8pm or sundown

(303) 458-3858

MONDOVINO@MSN.COM

3601 W. 32ND AVENUE
DENVER, CO 80211

Take I-25 toward downtown Denver
Take the Speer Blvd North exit
From Speer, make a left onto 32nd Ave.
We’re on the NW corner of 32nd Ave & Lowell St.